never forget the time Tyra flipped a shit over Vaseline
wtf did I just watch? 😶
This insta-life we live in can often rob us of experiencing the small joys in our every day life as we’re so interested in external pleasure and gratification. here are some suggestions on how we can take time, slow down and be easy.
1. start your day right - don’t rush when you get out of bed. set your alarm for 10 minutes before you’re due to get up and take some deep breaths to regulate your body and mind for the day ahead. have a big glass of water and do your thing.
2. take breathing breaks - if possible set your alarm for every hour and take some long deep breaths during the day on the hour for about an minute or so.
3. focus on one thing at a time - as women we multi task, but try to deal with one thing at 100% at a time - less mistakes are made then.
4. enjoy your food - put the phone down, close the laptop, turn the tv off or onto mute. chew slowly, one mouthful at a time and taste the flavours. let your senses get their thrills. dont over or under. eat until you know you’re satisfied, not necessarily full. be mindful if you’re eating to fill a void or genuine hunger.
5. unplug - when your phone is charging leave it to charge. take some time away from the matrix. take at least an hour a day to connect with people around you, with nature or just with yourself - read, exercise, create, cook a meal, anything not technology orientated.
6. pamper yourself, honour your body - take a bath, long shower, enjoy some music, treat your hair, make a face mask, paint your nails, adorn your body with coconut oil and give thanks for those curves or lack thereof. you’re gorgeous.
7. don’t buy into the comparison hype - you don’t have to be everywhere and do everything now. say no to social engagements if you’re tired or not into it. instagram, twitter, facebook, all of that just shows the best parts of us but we all have down and off days. we’re having human experiences and shit happens - don’t worry, be easy.
what do you do to slow down?
is it free”
— every student ever when offered something (via evanpetrers)
Some changes happen deep down inside of you. And the truth is, only you know about them. Maybe that’s the way it’s supposed to be.”
Judy Blume, Tiger Eyes (via rauchwolken)